Sunday, 6 April 2008

Easter hols

Easter hols have been great even though it is now drawing to an end... Have really enjoyed myself especially catching up with old yet precious friends.

Walked and explored round Manchester to places I have never even been before!

Took a look behind the scenes at Old Trafford. Stood at Fergie's spot in a match, sat at the player's changing rooms and emerged from the player's tunnel to the roar of the crowd.(envious?)

Marvelled at the splendour of the Manchester Art Gallery collection. Really appreciated some of the glorious artwork especially the Pre-Raphaelites paintings by Millais, Waterhouse and Rossetti (I guess all under the influence of our dear Cindy, hehe).

Admired the gothic architecture of the Old John Rylands Library in Deansgate. A must visit if you have never been before! An opportunity to see a rare fragment of the John's gospel:)

Oh, the joy of watching my friends savouring and enjoying their dim sum in the famous Tai Wu and Pacific.

Not to mention, the late nights chatting, baking and cooking together. The mouthwatering chewy nutty brownies, the amazing carrot cake with walnuts, the wonderful banana bread and the crumbly apple crumble with creamy custard... how could I resist???

And the trip to Peak District was most enjoyable eventhough it was freezing. I was certainly in awe of the breaktaking scenery, a wonderful reminder that our mighty God created it all! I'll upload the pictures later..

And even spending time with Meli has been great. I really thank the Lord for blessing me with such a wondeful sister. Continue to press on! Remember that you were made to be extraordinary ...crafted by God perfectly to fit his plan and purpose. These years will hold many significant signposts and will definitely prepare you for greatness!

1 comments:

meli said...

Thank you so much Sheena for your words of encouragement and friendship. Your are truly a blessing and gift of God to me. ( I truly mean it despite saying it so often) =) You are destined for greatness too, and I am excited to see more and more of God's Hands of goodness upon your life. You are indeed His aroma bringing life everywhere you go! =)