Wednesday, 23 April 2008

From the depths of my heart, my soul cries out to You

Never take life for granted. Live it to the fullest and with purpose. Life is like a piece of thread, so fragile yet so precious.

Life's one certainty is its sheer of uncertainty. As Scripture reminds us, we 'do not know what will happen tomorrow.' (James 4.14). Learn to appreciate the essense of life itself and live it with purpose for His glory.

I was shocked, well shocked last night when I recieved a text from dad. Literally burst out into tears for mum esp when Dad's text from Indonesia was so vague. Mum being sent to Manipal emergency ward- pls pray for her. So many things crossed my mind, and for once my faith went down to the pits! But I kept mum in prayer, secretly wishing for a miracle even with the little faith I had left.

While having dinner, I felt emotional again. And I started crying all over. I lost my appetite over my mixed vegetables; didn't even finish it and instead opted for digestives with nutella. Why did mum have to go through such pain and suffering? Why did such an accident befell her while my dad was travelling? Why???!

These questions shall only be answered when I reach heaven. However, I must acknowledge that peace and comfort overflowed as I read and meditated on Psalms. My fear slowly diminished as I entrusted my mum to the Lord, knowing that He is ultimately in control and that He would not give her more pain than what she could endure. I learnt what it means to have faith even in the midst of adversity. How to commit and trust.

I thank God and praise Him that He has heard my family's cries and mine too. She just had a couple of stitches done, lost 5 tooths in total and had some soft tissue injuries on her arms. Her chin and arms have all been bandaged and I'm so glad that she didn't fracture her jaw or broke any bones or it could well have been much worst. I am believing and trusting God that she will recover soon, that in the name of Jesus, all pain be gone. Her many cuts and wounds especially on her tongue will soon disappear and that she'll soon be able to enjoy her food. I thank you Father for your protection and for watching over my family.

0 comments: